Wisdom Teeth Removal in Cheektowaga, NY
Are your wisdom teeth (third molars) giving you trouble? Wisdom teeth can often be problematic and need to be removed. They can cause crowding if there’s not enough room for them, potentially damage your surrounding teeth, and more. Unsure if you need your wisdom teeth extracted? Schedule a consultation at our office today!Request Consultation
Wisdom Teeth Removal FAQ
When Is Wisdom Teeth Surgery Necessary?
Wisdom teeth removal isn’t a necessary treatment for every patient. These are some of the most common reasons to get your wisdom teeth extracted. However, we won’t know for sure if you need an extraction until we can examine your teeth in our office.
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth — When wisdom teeth are impacted that means that they are stuck underneath your gums, which can cause damage or infection.
- Wisdom Teeth Causing Crowding — If you don’t have enough room, your wisdom teeth can push on your surrounding teeth and change the alignment of your bite.
- Wisdom Teeth Erupting at an Angle — Sometimes your wisdom teeth can grow in at an angle and put pressure on the teeth around them.
Does Wisdom Teeth Removal Hurt?
Before we remove your wisdom teeth, we’ll numb the area so the most you’ll feel is pressure, not pain. Your comfort is our priority, so let our team know if you need any special accommodations before your procedure. After your oral surgery, you may experience temporary discomfort and swelling in the area of the extraction. Depending on your needs, we’ll either write you a prescription for pain medication or give you a list of recommended over-the-counter pain relievers. It’s important for you take it easy after your wisdom teeth removal and to follow the aftercare instructions. Ignoring the guidelines can cause infection, or damage to the area.
How Much Does Wisdom Tooth Extraction Cost?
Getting your wisdom teeth removed shouldn’t break the bank. At Walden Square Dental, we’ll work with your budget to help you achieve a healthy mouth. We offer a number of financial options to meet your needs. Call our office today to learn more!
How Long Does It Take To Recover From Wisdom Teeth Removal?
In most cases, the recovery period lasts only a few days. Take painkillers as prescribed by your dentist or oral surgeon.
What Precautions Should I take After Wisdom Teeth Removal?
- Relax after surgery. Physical activity may increase bleeding.
- Eat soft foods. Gradually add solid foods to your diet as healing progresses.
- Do not use a straw for the first few days. Sucking on a straw can loosen the blood clot and delay healing. Contact Us